“The State has lifted the Regional Stay Home Order for the Greater Sacramento Region, which includes Nevada County,” according to an email I received from the Nevada City Chamber.
“Due to Nevada County’s current daily average of COVID-19 cases and positivity rate, Nevada County will be exiting the Stay Home Order into the Widespread Purple Tier.
“As we move back into the Widespread Purple Tier, some businesses will be able to reopen with modifications. Most notably, these are:
• Hair Salons/Barbershops/Personal Care: Open with modifications in the Purple Tier
• Hotels and Lodging: Open with modifications in the Purple Tier
• Movie Theaters: Outdoor only with modifications in Purple Tier
• Wineries: Outdoor only with modifications in the Purple Tier
• Restaurants: Outdoor dining with modifications allowed in Purple Tier
“Although this is welcome news that our ICU capacity is projected to be above 15%, Nevada County remains well into the Widespread Purple Tier with significant business modifications.
“Nevada County Public Health continues to thank the community for wearing a mask, being mindful of social distancing and refraining from social gatherings. Together, we can stop the surge to save lives and work towards lowering our daily COVID-19 cases and positivity rate which may allow us to move into the less restrictive Red Tier.”