From the blog of Sierra FoodWineArt magazine:
LeGacy Presents of Nevada County won the best costume design award in drama for Scrooge.
Quest’s four Elly awards included best overall production in drama for Zoo Story; Sharon Winegar for best direction in The Good Body; Lois Ewing for leading female in The Good Body; and Chase Coney for leading male in Zoo Story.
Founded by Scott and Lois Ewing, Quest’s motto is “‘small but mighty’ theater that mirrors some of societies greatest challenges and joys.” Quest tours its shows throughout Northern California.
Quest also presents the annual Nugget Fringe Festival on January 18-28 in Grass Valley. The Ewings have been producing theater in Nevada County since 2009.
The shows receiving the most Elly Awards were:
- Peter and the Starcatcher – Green Valley Theatre Company (8) – Comedy
- Lizzie: The Musical – The Actor’s Playpen (4) – Musical
- Nevermore: The Imaginary Life and Mysterious Death of Edgar Allen Poe – Green Valley Theatre Company (4) – Musical
- The Wizard of Oz – Roseville Theatre Arts Academy (3) – Musical
- Zoo Story – Quest Theaterworks (2) – Drama
- The Good Body – Quest Theaterworks (2) – Drama
- It’s A Wonderful Life – William Jessup University (2)- Drama
The Elly Award for Original Script was given to Dan Fagan for These Lonesome Roads, which was produced by EMH Productions.
The 166 adult Elly nominations represented 143 productions from 48 participating theatres. The final 33 Elly awards recognized 15 productions and 11 theatres.
A grand total of 33 Elly awards were given to individuals and theaters in the comedy, drama, musical and original script categories. Sponsored by the Sacramento Area Regional Theatre Alliance (SARTA), this annual celebration of excellence featured a black-and-white ball theme with decorations to match.
SARTA’s mission is to promote high quality community theatre in the Sacramento area and neighboring regions.
The full list of winners is here: Elly Awards.