The Union columnist Boardman now likens Nevada City to Compton

The Union’s paid weekly columnist George Boardman often maligns Nevada City. Now he is likening the Queen of the Northern Mines to Compton, south of Los Angeles, where historic riots have occurred.

I commented the other day that our son’s bike was stolen from our front porch in Nevada City. It was unfortunate. But George goes too far, including making up that I have written about “cars on blocks” in the neighborhood. I haven’t.

To be humorous, I suppose, George concludes: “You would think that he lives in Compton instead of The Queen of the Northern Mines.”

What a ridiculous remark on numerous fronts. Is hiring George a “growth strategy” for The Union?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to The Union columnist Boardman now likens Nevada City to Compton

1. Annie Fox says:

So in comparison George may reside in Podunk, MS.

George has a big chip on his shoulder about Nevada City. I suppose it partly stems from his family being unable to keep the Stone House restaurant open. It was quite a high-profile business failure. He probably thinks its “our” fault.

• Chip Wilder says:

George would have the same blame as Cirino’s owner—- Obama. And then Romneycare made them get insurance on their employees-

I wonder if “Bored Georgeman” will write about the bank in his neighborhood getting robbed this week? “There goes the neighborhood.”

Boardman is a real piece of work. He writes on his blog:
    “I’ve been getting questions about why it takes so long for me to post comments on this blog. Some people interpret this tardiness as rejection and send their comments to other blogs, presumably so the world can read their insights.

The answer is simple: I don’t constantly monitor my blog during the day, so there may be a lag of several hours between the time a comment is sent and when I actually read it. This is particularly true at night. If you send a comment after 5 p.m. it’s unlikely I’ll see it until at least 9 a.m. the next morning, and later than that on mornings when I’m playing golf, water skiing or riding my bike.

If you can’t tolerate the delays, you should send your comments elsewhere.

–George Boardman”

Ha! The people who comment are the likes of Todd Juvinall and Charles Tim Gore, not exactly the “Algonquin Round Table.” ROFLOL.

Small towns are a hoot!

Is this the same Charles Tim Gore with a big mouth in the local rightwing blogosphere?
    If it isn’t, please let us all know. If it is, I’d be crawling under a rock.

5. Joe Koyote says:

No one has made it in the Stone House in the 40+ years I have lived here. No shame there. Lefty’s is the first place to be really successful across the street since “The Jacks” were there. The freeway seems to be a barrier to success.