The Union columnist Boardman is now plagiarizing from my blog?

George “Get Off My Lawn” Boardman (Credit: The Union)

As regular readers here know, one of this blog’s favorite expressions is “You can’t make this stuff up!” It is a theme that appears regularly, even in the headlines. As I’ve said, this blog will never run out of material in western Nevada County, CA because “you can’t make this stuff up.”

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I guess, because now The Union’s paid weekly columnist George Boardman is taking my widely used phrase and using it to rename his annual awards in this week’s column.

Boardman writes: “The past year in western Nevada County can be summed up in two words — pot and politics — but that was enough to produce numerous candidates for the third annual You Can’t Make This Stuff Up Awards (The name is new, the awards aren’t.)

If that’s not enough, Boardman even “borrows” items that appeared here first for his “You can’t make this stuff up” awards. One example:

“HI, NEIGHBOR

“The Economic Resource Council leased 26,000 square feet of space for its new Sierra Digital Media Center, designed to attract high tech firms to the area, next door to Streicher House, which feeds the chronic homeless and serves people in need.”

George Boardman is “leftovers” at The Union. When will The Union management decide that it’s time to move on from catering to the declining, aging demographic with his column. What about a future? George could at least be gracious enough to say “thank you.”

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Union columnist Boardman is now plagiarizing from my blog?

I’m reading George Boardman’s “retort” on his blog and reminded that The Union needs to get off on the right foot in 2017 and dump this column. Jr. High journalism from a 70-something — a weird combination. You can’t make this stuff up!

2. brucelevy says:

On the other hand, looking at his photo, if The Union had to have a “face” that accurately reflected its character, its planned audience and prime readership, its political bent and depth…that photo certainly would be applicable.

Who is “Charles Tim Gore” who now comments on The Union columnist George Boardman and former County supervisor Todd Juvinall’s blog?
    Is this the same person — or not?
    “Charles Tim Gore,” Todd and George, I’m all ears!

Todd responds: “My goodness it took me ten minutes to find the ‘Gore’ post on some long comment stream.”

Yet Todd wrote to this man on his blog: “Charles “Tim” Gore so its (sic) ok to send me how to post in that manner. …. Todd Juvinall November 26, 2016 at 7:46 AM.”

My Goodness! lol.

BTW, I sent this comment about Charles “Tim” Gore to The Union columnist George Boardman’s blog, but it is still stuck in “moderation.” Go figure!
    “jeffpelline says:
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    December 26, 2016 at 3:11 pm
    Is this the same guy — or am I mistaken? http://www.theunion.com/news/crime/couple-facing-multiple-animal-cruelty-charges/

Come on George, clear this up for us! lol.

6. Annie Fox says:

I noticed the letters in the Union written by good, decent citizens who are always spot on get moronic responses by him.

Yes, we all do. BTW, Boardman has since deleted the comment that I posted on his blog about whether or not the “Charles ‘Tim’ Gore’ who is now posting on his blog is this person — or not.

It was in moderation; now it’s deleted all together. Crickets!

8. Judith Lowry says:

Well Jeff, you just did the same thing to me.
    But I get that it’s your blog and George’s is his and you have the right to edit any old way you please.
    Now I suppose, in order to get anything said unfiltered I’ll have to finally fire up a blog of my own.
    I have a lot to report and well, it’s time.
    Stayed tuned.

9. jon smith says:

Is George “smiling” in this picture. If so, it must pain him as much as it does Rebane who appears to be attempting a smile on his page. I saw Rebane at a neighborhood get together a few years back and his tight, thin lipped smiles looked like stretched rubber bands quivering to regain their normal repose. I guess some people have been scowling so long their smile muscles have atrophied.