Here comes the Alt-Right

Steve Bannon, the newly named chief strategist for the nascent Trump White House, brings Alt-Right ties to the Oval Office. “We’re the platform for the alt-right,” Bannon told Mother Jones at the Republican National Convention (RNC) in July. Here’s an Alt-Right primer:

“The National Policy Institute is an independent organization dedicated to the heritage, identity, and future of people of European descent in the United States, and around the world.”

7 Responses to Here comes the Alt-Right

1. molly m starr says:

Wow. Just wow. I can’t believe what I just watched.

Yup. CNN aired a clip from this video last night, and I found the “whole enchilada.” What a world.

3. Brad Croul says:

Here is another alt-right site…very classy,

4. depelton says:

From the anxious white guy video:

“A nation based on freedom is just a place to go shopping” ??? !!!

“A man doesn’t live and die for an abstraction like freedom … a man lives and dies for a homeland.”

He might as well have used the German word, “heimat.”

“Nazi conception of Heimat:

The specific aspects of Heimat—love and attachment to homeland—left the idea vulnerable to easy assimilation into the fascist “blood and soil” literature of the National Socialists since it is relatively easy to add to the positive feelings for the Heimat a rejection of anything foreign, that is not necessarily there in the first place. It was conceived by the Nazis that the Volk community is deeply rooted in the land of their Heimat through their practice of agriculture and their ancestral lineage going back hundreds and thousands of years. The Third Reich was regarded at the deepest level as the sacred Heimat of the unified Volk community—the national slogan was One Reich, One Volk, One Führer. Those who were taken to Nazi concentration camps were those who were officially declared by the SS to be “enemies of the volk community” and thus a threat to the integrity and security of the heimat.”

(Wikipedia)

• depelton says:

By the way, when my wife and I recently had our DNA analyzed for information about ancestry, we learned that an average of about 2.5% of the DNA of Europeans is Neandertal DNA.

It looks like it might be higher for the guy in the video (not that there’s anything wrong with that! 🙂 )

• steve cottrell says:

Don:

Slightly off-topic, but I remember reading about the 2.5% thing a few years ago. At first I thought it was junk news, but I guess it’s true for a portion of the world’s population –– including you guys.

Last year I received a DNA kit as a present and was absolutely shocked when I saw the results. Since all four of my grandparents reportedly came from solid Irish stock, I was not surprised to see that I am 36% Irish and 28% Scandinavian. That 64% made sense.

What floored me, however, was to see that I’m 23% European Jew. And I have absolutely no idea why. Or how, for that matter. For sure, it was never part of any family oral history discussion.

Since it’s 23%, it’s not far back in the ol’ family tree –– but to date it remains a mystery that I’m determined to solve.

Shalom,
        Steve

5. Judith Lowry says:

Steve,
    I did that too and discovered that Jaques d’Ovey was not really my grandather.
    So, much for my French ancestry, pfffft!