“A defiant Donald Trump used the high-profile setting of the final presidential debate here Wednesday night to amplify one of the most explosive charges of his candidacy: that if he loses the election, he might consider the results illegitimate because the process is rigged.

“Questioned directly as to whether he would accept the outcome should Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton prevail on Nov. 8, Trump demurred. ‘I will keep you in suspense,’ the Republican nominee said. Clinton called Trump’s answer ‘horrifying,’ saying he was ‘talking down our democracy.’

“After a sober start, the candidates shifted gears into a series of fiery exchanges over their fitness to serve as president and character traits. But over the course of the third and final debate, they delved deeper into their substantive differences than they did in the first two forums and offered a clearer contrast in the directions they would take the country. They drew sharp distinctions on the economy, trade, terrorism, immigration and hot-button social issues including abortion and guns.”

The rest of the article is here.

9 Responses to Trump won’t commit to accepting election results if he loses: “I will keep you in suspense”

1. depelton says:

It’s satisfying to watch Trump flame out in such a spectacular fashion, but let’s hope he doesn’t damage the rest of the country too much while he’s taking the GOP with him.

People Are Explaining Literary Classics Through Donald Trump’s Eyes

EXCERPTS:

“Juliet. Such a nasty woman. She made Romeo kill himself. And believe me he could have done better. Look at her.”

Trump’s foreign policy answers sound like a book report from a teenager who hasn’t read the book. “Oh, the grapes! They had so much wrath!”

Alice is hot. Maybe in ten years I will be dating her. Just grab her by the Cheshire Cat. Make Wonderland Great Again!

• Annie Fox says:

Juliet is a nasty woman? Hard to say, maybe tRump was around all those centuries ago. He looks like he has. Wonder if he tried groping her too.

“Trump’s misogyny has galvanized the feminist movement with more force and fury than any political issue in generations.” http://foreignpolicy.com/…/donald-trump-is-the-best-thing-…/
    I know I have never seen Shannon so fired up since we’ve been married. As she made her cup of Carolines Coffee Roasters coffee this morning (I’m a green tea drinker nowadays) and I was just waking up, she was recounting it again.

3. Ed Peritz says:

I must view Mr. Wilder’s video this afternoon; just felt compelled to comment on Trump’s malignant performance and permanent personality. I expect soon he will pronounce HRC “Sleeps with the fishes.) Or, even worse, from Putin’s perpetually pursed lips, “Davizhdandya, (sp. & not transcribed) Hillaryaskaya, our illegal operative will triumph!”

Imagine D. Trump actually being a mole! Not impossible, if one is familiar how mole become moles and their modus operandi.)

• depelton says:

I’m hearing women who have been injured by men in the past speak of being cast back into something like a traumatized state (PTSD?) as a result of Trump’s relentless misogyny. The depth of the harm he’s doing now is difficult to fathom, but it’s profound.

4. Joe Koyote says:

Classic spoiled narcissistic trust fund brat… “If I don’t win I am going to take my ball and go home.” I am no fan of Clinton’s corporate politics, but donald is a disgrace. How anyone could cast a vote for such a moron is beyond comprehension. Only those individuals who are uninformed and compliant to right wing ideology and blinded by the uber-wealthy sponsored propaganda machine could seriously vote for such an idiot.

5. Steve Willer says:

This morning its being reported that Trump has stated he will accept the election results; IF he wins.

6. Chip Wilder says: