The Union columnist George Boardman: “Through the Years”

The Union columnist George Boardman has a penchant for running unflattering photos of me on his blog without permission, so I thought I’d take the liberty of posting photos of George “through the years” — professional shots, no less — as his tenure as a paid weekly columnist for The Union rolls on. Not much has changed with his columnis, either, including this week’s boring/”get off the lawn” lecture that tackles cell phone towers and vaccinations. The columns keep repeating themselves every few weeks. Memo to Publisher Don Rogers: Is retaining an aging, declining audience a “business strategy”? (Photos: various photographers of The Union)
dt-common-streams-streamserverdt.common.streams.StreamServer-1dt.common.streams.StreamServer

11 Responses to The Union columnist George Boardman: “Through the Years”

1. Katherine Scourtes says:

Jeff, I love your articles. They are timely, informative and thought provoking. You do have a bone to pick with the Union, of course, and you miss no opportunity to let them know, but your comments to the publisher re George B. are right on. I don’t know what they are thinking…

2. Annie Fox says:

I saw his tinfoil hat comment and thought about how his tin foil hat must look like a crown.

Look, the clowns are back!

Barry Pruett says:
    September 5, 2016 at 7:54 am
    I can assure to you that Bruce is real. I known who he is for nearly 20 years. As far as Pelline? Yesterday’s lettuce my friends. Have a wonderful Labor Day!

George Boardman says:
    September 6, 2016 at 2:03 pm
    I never said Levy didn’t exist–I just reported what some other people are saying. You would think an alleged former professional journalist would know how to separate the message from the messenger.

As I wrote before, “Bored Georgeman” lied to his readers, suggesting Bruce was a sock puppet without bothering to also report that he was for real. As for Pruett, well, no comment.

4. brucelevy says:

It’s the old Fox BS “Some people are saying…” It’s the old standby when you have nothing of substance to say and you wish to lie and put the onus of the lie on the unknown “other”. And it’s funny. I haven’t known anything about Barry Pruett until I saw his name on this site a couple years ago. I’m awed he knew about me for 20 years. I’m just a humble bookbinder/rare book restorer with a fairly acute BS detector.

• Judith Lowry says:

I have been looking for a rare book restorer and bookbinder.
      Scare as hen’s teeth these days.
      I have beautiful set of boys books from the twenties.
      All the pages are in beautiful mint condition, but the leather/gilt lettered covers are disintegrating.
      Bruce, how do I find the very best restorer there is for this project.
      This is a special job, as the 92 year-old original owner of the books is still with us and I would love him to be able to present the restored books to him, so he can present them to his artist grandson.

5. brucelevy says:

“Some people” has to mean his very small and closed circle of morons and sociopaths who don’t get out much.

6. Judith Lowry says:

Thank you Bruce, I will.

The Union’s paid columnist, George Boardman, is now posting comments from “fish” (AKA sock puppet from Carmichael) on his blog. Nocredibility.com. “Fish” at his finest! http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle2011/tle603-20110116-02.html

8. Kaye Ralene White-Hancock says:

Anyone who restores books is real anyone who hasn’t read a decent one is not. George.