This is the CNET News.com crew at our hip offices South of Market in San Francisco, when I was Editor, circa 2000. (I was fond of that pink couch). A successful “dot com” startup, we were the first online news publication to win a prestigious National Magazine Award. We collected the award at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York. It was a hoot! Other nominees in the General Excellence Online category were Beliefnet, The Chronicle of Higher Education, National Geographic Online, Sky & Telescope.com, and Slate. One of the staffers put this photo up on Facebook this week.
jeffpelline on Court records show Lamphier no… Chip Wilder on Court records show Lamphier no… Annie Fox on Court records show Lamphier no… Judith Lowry on Court records show Lamphier no… Annie Fox on Court records show Lamphier no… Paulene Meyer on Barking dog ordinance not… jeffpelline on Court records show Lamphier no… jeffpelline on Ex-County Supe Todd Juvinall:… jeffpelline on Ex-County Supe Todd Juvinall:… Annie Fox on Barry Pruett: “creating… jeffpelline on Barry Pruett: “creating… Todd Jucinall on Barry Pruett: “creating…
- Court records show Lamphier no contest plea dismissed
- Apple’s self-driving car spotted in Palo Alto
- New “Nevada County Business Connections” publication is awful
- More corrections from The Union columnist George Boardman
- Chronicle, Bee, Auburn Journal win numerous top honors in statewide newspaper contest; The Union mostly gets “honorable mentions”
Food & Wine, Arts & Culture
Click on icon for fall issue of Sierra FoodWineArt magazine, offering culture and entertainment news.
Facebook site is here
iPhone, smartphone site is here.