New columnist for The Union has a blog too

Hilary Hodge has her first column in The Union on Tuesday. Hilary has a blog too. It’s here. It belongs on Anna Haynes’ NC Voices.

The internet is changing how we communicate.

17 Responses to New columnist for The Union has a blog too

1. steve cottrell says:

Began to read her piece about Bernie & Hillary and was very surprised to see that kind of profanity on a blog recommended by SFR. You’re right –– the internet is, indeed, changing how we communicate, but it’s not all good. (Or else I’ve become the kind of fuddy-duddy that I never wanted to be).

• brucelevy says:

First, it’s her blog. She can write whatever she wants. More power to her. One doesnt start a blog to be restrained by another person’s opinions or sensitivities. No one is forced to visit a page.

Second, I read a few of her posts, and except for the Bernie-Hillary one, I wasn’t offended in any way. The one about the vet brought tears to my eyes. I thought the one on Hillary and Bernie was hysterical and I wasn’t offended by it. Her use of “the word” several times was for her enthusiasm and was very funny. And I agreed with her completely. You go girl. I don’t trust people who’s complaints are about “language” and “tone”. More often then not they don’t really have anything of substance contribute.

Just MY opinion.

Hi Steve,
    I didn’t recommend it; I just said it existed and that it belongs on NC Voices along with all the other blogs and other content. After all, Todd’s is there. LOL.

• Annie Fox says:

Yes but Swooney Todd makes a fanny out of himself and his lamestream media groupies time and again.

• Annie Fox says:

LOL! Yo Swooney Toad, Damn straight I’m hot but not for a cold cadaver like you. You started in on me again and again I have to put you in your place. Not bad for a so called “sock puppet” that you tried hitting on, eh?

Todd is an Aqua Velva/Old Spice man in an era of L’Occitane en Provence and Acqua di Parma!

• Annie Fox says:

I wonder if Todd thinks that “sock puppets” vote. Speaking of hot, thanks to Todd I’m feelin’ the Bern

• Annie Fox says:

Swooney Toad, you’re twice my weight (put on a few pounds since I first met you) and I like hot guys. For the record, you started stalking me you foot fetish cad, you.

• Annie Fox says:

Being into SOCK puppets, he certainly does have a foot fetish. I met Todd in the early 90’s once. Seemed like a nice person of medium build with black nerdy glasses. Recent photos show him on the rotund side (that he likes to condemn others about). Maybe that could be the reason he is so cranky, or lack of fiber in his diet. At my 110 – 113 lbs he says I’m too much woman for him. I wouldn’t want to go that way anyway YUCK!

There’s something about an Aqua Velva man! https://youtu.be/bkMVjnjojK0

• Annie Fox says:

Todd may have a point after all. He say he is 6′ 3″. The man I met was tall and he was nice. OK, I have to split that one with Todd. A couple of pictures of Todd he isn’t wearing glasses. The man I met had dark rimmed glasses and he was nice. Looks like that point went to Todd. The pictures show Todd with gray hair. The man I met had dark hair and he was nice. Another point for Todd. Pictures also show Todd rather paunchy and rotund around the middle. The man I met was medium build and he was nice. Still another point for Todd.

3. Chris Bishop says:

Welcome Hilary. Or I guess it’s belated welcome since it seems you’ve been here a few years.

I read her column today. Interesting resume’. Perhaps the Union is trying to broaden it’s editorial page. If so, good for them.

The cynic in me, however, wonders how long it will be before the Union starts to get pressure.

• brucelevy says:

Yup. My thoughts too. They’re not trying to broaden anything, or at least they’re not succeeding. But good for Hilary. I’m rooting for her whatever happens. It can only get better then this.

George Rebane is “biting his lip.” George fled to western Nevada County from Simi Valley to find like-minded folks, and he always seems to find it troubling that others are not like him. LOL.

• stevefrisch says:

I think my favorite Rebane position is his contention that “like minded” people should be able to live together in homogeneous communities without having to deal with the cultural influence of ‘others’ that they would prefer not to mix with. He manages to say these things without ever being held accountable by his minions for how such communities would exclude other cultures. If anything is antithetical to American values that’s it.

• Joe Koyote says:

A recent study in Germany concluded that individuals that were schooled during the 3rd Reich (of which Rebane was one) are far less tolerant of different cultures and races than those schooled both before and after, which only makes sense considering the rabid racism/insanity at that place and time.

Todd is becoming unhinged on his blog! It ought to be renamed “Sex, lies and videotape.” BTW, I thought he said he might run for Supe. What happened? ROFLOL.