Right-wing blogger shoots bullet holes in N.Y. Times editorial

erick_erickson_nytimes_0“In the wake of the San Bernardino shooting and an overall renewed national conversation about guns, Erick Erickson, editor-in-chief of redstate.com and former CNN political contributer, sent shockwaves through the Internet when he posted a tweet featuring the shot-up front page of Saturday’s New York Times,” as the Boston Globe and other media reported.

“On Saturday, for the first time since 1920, the New York Times ran a front-page editorial, which called for more gun control.

“The text ‘I shot holes in the NY Times editorial – This is what I think of the New York Times edito (sic)’ accompanied the image.

“Posted at 1 p.m., detractors quickly responded to Erickson’s tweet, which ultimately led Erickson to send a reply.

“At 8:30 p.m., Erickson tweeted again, saying ‘Irony is if I’d burned a flag or peed on a picture of Jesus instead of shooting a newspaper, the left would be celebrating me today.’

“Not without supporters, Erickson, who had been retweeting his critics, also shared some of his supporters’ tweets.”

The rest of the article is here.

9 Responses to Right-wing blogger shoots bullet holes in N.Y. Times editorial

1. Windy says:

I was sitting in a doctors office waiting room on Monday when a guy came in wearing a Korean War Vet baseball cap and started shooting his mouth off about the shooters in San Bernadino, Muslims, and on and on and on. He got another guy in the waiting room fired up. I asked him to stop because this was a doctors office. He started attacking me. The receptionist came out and told him to stop or leave. He looked at her and me and called us “democrats”. She repeated what she said. He stopped. I’m looking at this man and thinking, a US military vet talking like a nationalist German in the Third Reich. My dad fought in WWII for that? YIKES!
    A security guard came in and sat until the guy left.

• Chip Wilder says:

Right wingers and shooting their mouths off go hand in hand here in the land of SOJ honorary PhDs. At my recent doctors office visit a woman was reading Fox news on her cell and quoted that “Obama” had ordered the military to NOT use the words Merry Christmas but instead say Happy Holidays. She says this out loud in the waiting room, and then looks around. Although I didn’t experience what you did Windy, she looked at me with real hate after I started laughing at her. But it seems common place in the foothills whether it be in a doctors office or sitting down to breakfast that some loudmouth right winger can be heard 5 booths away babbling about how they want their country back from the black guy, or drool all over themselves quoting fox talking heads. These peoples “media” of choice has led to this, preach hate going in and get hate going out.

• Annie Fox says:

FAUX News, the original lame stream media.

• brucelevy says:

I no longer frequent my previously favorite bar because I was sitting next to an older couple that I didn’t know and the wife was going on and on with her right wing BS for about ten minutes while she was feverishly texting on her phone like a 12 year old and pouring down the drinks. She was getting perilously close to racial comments about the President. After hearing this stuff I asked her if she was serious. She said “You’re God damned right I’m serious”. Then she went on about her daugter’s sick left wing beliefs. I should have just got up and moved but instead I told her how seriously f***** up she was. The bartender then spent ten minutes obsequiously apologising and groveling and pandering to these two examples of humanity. I asked the bartender if he heard what the conversation had been and he said “Nope, only heard you.” I haven’t been back since. And I wish for that bar ten more couples just like them. It should really help their business.

• Annie Fox says:

Windy and Bruce, thank you for sharing your experiences. I went into a consignment store on Main St very close to S. Auburn and there were 3 or 4 pear shaped females cackling about getting guns and shooting Liberals. I Left the store and never returned. Just the thought I could have purchased clothing (tops anyway, their britches would have fallen off me) that they may have previously wore made my skin feel like I was crawling. YUCK!

• Annie Fox says:

OOPS! You as well Chip. Thank you for sharing

Wow. Sorry. That’s how these things start.

3. curtiswalker says:

The action by the Supreme Court this morning upholding the Los Angeles ban of assault weapons is really going to have them shoot more than an editorial. This SCOTUS action is breaking news.