CABPRO supporters display hypocrisy in “taking” of property in Penn Valley

Juvinall (right) with “friends” at CABPRO gathering; donated to Weston’s campaign

CABPRO’s mission is “preservation of property rights for all residents, and business, property, and resource owners.” The group certainly raised a ruckus during the NH 2020 days.

Now CABPRO supporters — as well as its own macho founder Todd Juvinall — are showing hypocrisy when it comes to Superior Court Judge Sean Dowling’s stinging ruling that the actions taken by the County against two local residents in Penn Valley constituted a compensable “taking” of property for a cell-phone tower — now being widely reported.

“We all know SteveF is exhibiting phony concerns” about the ruling, wrote Juvinall, CABPRO’s founder, on George Rebane’s blog this weekend.

Steve Frisch responded: “I guess my question is why aren’t you guys as pissed off this happened in Lake Wildwood? I think I know the answer; that you are more likely to support Hank Weston for Supervisor than Fran Cole. But to not be outraged when it happens in your back yard at your cost is the definition of hypocrisy.”

Juvinall donated to Weston campaign

“More likely?” In fact, Todd recently donated $100 to Weston’s re-election campaign, as recent campaign finance reports showed. Todd should have disclosed that in the discussion on Rebane’s blog — but he did not.

The silence on the “taking” ruling by Judge Dowling also is deafening from the other CABPRO supporters pictured here — Russ Steele, Rebane, Barry Pruett (a Penn Valley attorney who vocally supports Weston) et al. Not a peep from CABPRO’s current leaders either! To parody Todd, “What a hoot”!

Screen Shot 2014-05-25 at 5.10.59 AM

Laughing owl sounds is here:

(Photo: Rebane’s blog)

11 Responses to CABPRO supporters display hypocrisy in “taking” of property in Penn Valley

1. stevefrisch says:

Well, let me be the first disclose that I am a donor to Fran Cole’s campaign, but not for any of the reasons outlined here. I support Fran because I think it would be nice to have a business person and business attorney with municipal finance, contract and risk management experience, who possesses a cool head, and a woman, on the Board of Supervisors.

2. Doug Keachie says:

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day. — ‘Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.’ — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.”

~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

But somehow I don’t think Todd will go down in history with the rest.

I don’t think Todd will go down in history for anything. Though I did see that same name on a recent delinquent tax role list for our county, along with some of his loud, like-minded friends! The list will be published in The Union later this month, as required by law. And who is Mike Sherman anyway? Dunno but a fellow with that name is collecting sweet public pension, according to TransparentCalifornia.com. Hypocrites galore.

• Cathy Wilcox-Barnes says:

Jeff, I don’t know if it is the same Mike Sherman, but the one I know was a member of our local, hard-working law enforcement and, as such, if it is him he earned every penny of that “sweet public pension”, as you phrased it.

CWB,
        Mike is spending his Golden Years posting snide comments on Todd Juvinall’s blog about me and others. I used to know Mike via Ackerman, but I’ve found lots more uplifting people to hang out with since then. Our towns are in a major transition.

4. Barry Pruett says:

I am sorry that I failed to see and comment on this article. For the passed three weeks, all of my spare time has been spent organizing a memorial softball tournament for Drew Reynolds in support of treatment for mental illness and drug abuse. The tournament was a great success…with the exception of my destroyed knee. That is a topic that we can discuss over a beer. My knee looks like a rainbow right now… about the size of a canteloupe! I should not complain, as one of the players (who was amazing by the way) played with a prosthetic. He lost his leg in Afghanistan. Since politics in my life (as with most normal people), I missed the “taking.” Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day!

I saw Kim loading some crutches into her car the other day — not for her. I promoted the Drew Reynolds tournament on my personal Facebook page and even paid $6.99 to “boost” it. A lot of likes for a good cause.

As for the “taking,” well, it was sort of ironic, since Nevada County is (in)famous for “property rights.”

5. Barry Pruett says:

I have a ton of respect for Judge Dowling. He is a great judge and a great person. I have not read his ruling, but I have no doubt that his findings of fact and application to the law were spot on. I look forward to reading it after I get caught up at work.