Local newspaper: “UFO Hovers Above Nevada County”

Picture 1

About these ads

Image | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Local newspaper: “UFO Hovers Above Nevada County”

1. Dave Cranfield says:

Oddly coincidental with the 75th anniversary of Orson Wells’ War of the Worlds broadcast. 75 years plus 2 days anyway.

2. Chris Bishop says:

No crazier than what usually appears on the editorial page! ;)

3. JeffPelline says:

Careful! Those are “fightin’ words” for RL! BTW, the other one this week was the bear foot mistaken for human at transfer station.

4. rl crabb says:

It would no doubt be more newsworthy if it was shaped like a big teapot.

5. brucelevy says:

And what the hell does that mean RL?

RL has been doing his best this week to keep the tea people on “unequal footing” in our community, so he can stay relevant. He created a feud on his blog, starting with a post that was a lie to begin with, and then when it got out of control, he resorted to the “f-word” to stop it. Unbelievable.
      For the record, this was the last local referendum on the the tea party:
      “In the District 1 Supervisor race Nate Beason is on his way to earning a third term in office with 59 percent or 2,842 votes to Sue McGuires 29 % at 1,402 votes.”
      I put a sign for Nate in the median outside my fence for one day (Election Day), but these extremists still call people like me a “local lefty.”
      The referendum before that was the clerk-recorder’s race — a wipeout. The CABPRO-endorsed treasurer lost too. Tea party candidate Igor Birman is going to lose to Doug Ose in District 7 too (though some locals who don’t live in that district have donated money to his campaign).
      Though vocal and real nasty in some cases, they’re well under a third of the vote.
      A disproportionate number read the local newspaper (declining, aging demographics), so they are on “unequal footing” on the editorial pages — to please their readership.
      Meanwhile, the rest of the community is changing. You can bet our local newspaper is struggling with that.

• Ah Jeff, I actually think Igor Birman is going to win the primary.

Igor will most likely lose to Ami Bera in the general, but Birman will motivate the base, and if any elections are won by the base it is Republican primaries in off years in districts where their party is conservative. I think Emken and Ose split the ‘moderates’ in the primary allowing Birman to win.

Of course if punditry were reality…..

No, no. He’s not going to raise enough money, and he’ll scare the moderates off (especially after the government shutdown). Even the McClintock mudslingers coming out in force to stop Ose won’t be enough. I do think Bera will get re-elected in the end. How about we bet a dinner at Stella in Truckee. I haven’t seen you for a long time.
        Cheers.

6. Brad Glasse says:

Bear foot mistaken for human foot….?????

Come on guys now I know we guys got us a hair problem, and I my wife yells at me for those Ginsu toenails, but really? Who made this “edukated” observation?

Maybe we good need a better vision plan for the local LE community?

The next thing my wife is going to want to to hot wax all of me, and I saw the 40 year old virgin movie, and I ain’t going there!

7. PeteK says:

Wow.. I didn’t think test flying my remote control drone would get so much attention!… I guess when I start firing off my model rockets I will read we are under attack from Al Quida!