Rick Santelli Won’t Rule Out Running For President?

“CNBC’s Rick Santelli, who is adored by many Tea Party followers, was asked by Squawk Box’s Joe Kernan this (week) if he would run for president of the United States,” according to Business Insider.

‘”I wouldn’t rule it out…I don’t know if the country is ready because if I did have the job I’d have one term and we’d do it my way!’

“Of course, Santelli danced around the question and told Kernan that he’s ‘not interested in getting into politics.’

“All of this follows a report by Politico’s Patrick Gavin about a website backed by a Nevada businessman called DraftSantelliForPresident2012.com that surfaced earlier this month.”

The rest of the article is here.

About these ads

7 Responses to Rick Santelli Won’t Rule Out Running For President?

1. Brad Glasse says:

Another new flavor……. Geeze!

2. Steve Frisch says:

Wouldn’t it be interesting if we ended up with Rick Santelli (TP) Newt Gingrich (RP) Michael Bloomberg (I) and Barack Obama (DP)?

• Ben Emery says:

Don’t forget about GP and LP.

We then could actually see a real debate but my guess only the big two possibly the TP since their national masters own the media in a debate. For the record the GP is the third largest political party in the United States and the largest in the world.

• Ben Emery says:

Let me scratch that “possibly the TP” unless secretary of states ignore ballot access laws. The TP is not a political party they are a well connected moveon for the republican party.

• Steve Frisch says:

Yeah, I guess Santelli could just run under American Independent or the Libertarian ballot to get access. Might not be on everywhere but probably most places.

So are you thinking we might have to through Ralph Nader, the Harold Stassen of the 21st Century, in there? Good idea.

• Ben Emery says:

The GP will have an interesting primary this year. Jill Stein and Kent Mesplay are the two that have already declared. There are a few others going through a vetting process right now. This seems a little bit absurd but the one thing the GP has is its convictions and they are well represented in the Ten Key Values (TKV). This is the main reason I am a GP party member. I have met Kent and talked with him at a two day conference in Ventura earlier this year. Very nice man. Jill Stein is from the East Coast and I am slowly getting to know her through fb mainly.

I think Ralph Nader would prefer to be compared to Eugene Debs than Harold Stassen though.

3. Kate Hancock says:

I don’t know about this but did you hear that Sheriff JoePa is lovin Lil Ricky Perry in Newt Hampshire? So Santelli, giddyup on the crazy train!
    Kate