Joann Marksberry on A new made-for-television movi… Sharon McKibbin on Economic development “gu… jeffpelline on Dueling new shopping centers i… Cayce Jones on Auburn native and West Point g… jeffpelline on Economic development “gu… Gretchen Bond on Economic development “gu… Rob on Dueling new shopping centers i… Stephen Wahlstrom on Economic development “gu… stevefrisch on Economic development “gu… steve cottrell on Meagher decides not to run for…
- Dueling new shopping centers in Grass Valley
- Economic development “gurus” gloss over the real issues in our community
- Auburn native and West Point graduate Art Moore challenges Tom McClintock for Congress
- Counties look at forcing mentally ill people to get treatment
- Oh, no the mail fraud creeps are baack!
- Wynton Marsalis rocks the house in Grass Valley
- Meagher decides not to run for Treasurer
- Nevada City snowboarder Evan Strong in international spotlight as Paralympic Winter Games loom
- A reader IDs a “hole” in The Union’s “paywall”
- We don’t know boundaries
OutagesOutages, click here.
Police blotterClick here for local crime map.
Free local newsClick here for NC Voices, local aggregation portal for news, commentary and classifieds.
Performing ArtsClick here for entertainment calendar.
Prep SportsClick here for local high school sports.
Food & Wine, Arts & Culture
Click on icon for fall issue of Sierra FoodWineArt magazine, offering culture and entertainment news.
Facebook site is here
iPhone, smartphone site is here.
- Stanford women honored at White House
- The $13 Million Matter of DR3-07201: Allegations of Conflict of Interest at the California Stem Cell Agency
- The Mexican Government Is On A Roll
- Man’s third-strike sentence challenged
- Nielsen wants inquiry into Rideout emergency room
- No suspects identified in Linda shooting
- Around Yuba-Sutter: Farmers to gather at town hall
Daily Archives: November 8, 2011
Despite an impassioned plea from the rank-and-file police officers in Grass Valley, the City Council voted 4-0 (Dan Miller was absent) to impose a cost-cutting contract on its police department for one year. The decision came after negotiations failed to … Continue reading
From SierraWatch: “In a unanimous vote Tuesday November 8, the Placer County Board of Supervisors expressed ‘an official position of opposition’ to the proposed Garden Bar Dam. “The dam would block off the Bear River on the County’s northern border … Continue reading