I get around! Here’s a new cupcake shop — “Cupcake Magic” — on the renovated main drag in downtown Yuba City — Plumas Street. There’s a Sopa Thai next door (like ours in Nevada City). Downtown Grass Valley could use a cupcake shop too. “What recession? For cupcake bakers, business is booming” is here. A blog dedicated to cupcakes is here.
gregzaller on Local tea party to pass out in… jeffpelline on Local grand jury: A kangaroo… Virginia Moran on Why we’re Dollar General… Steve Willer on Local tea party to pass out in… jeffpelline on Local grand jury: A kangaroo… jeffpelline on Local tea party to pass out in… stevefrisch on Local tea party to pass out in… gregzaller on Local tea party to pass out in… Greg Zaller on Local tea party to pass out in… Chip Wilder on Why we’re Dollar General…
- Truckee wins $8 million grant to kick start railyard project
- State legislature passes mandatory vaccination bill
- The Union gang! Hemig, Ackerman, Juvinall and “skinny dipping”?
- George Boardman column in The Union: A waste of space
- Local tea party to pass out invites to activist events at Fourth of July parade in GV
Free TV listingsClick here for free TV listings.
Police blotterClick here for local crime map.
Performing ArtsClick here for entertainment calendar.
Prep SportsClick here for local high school sports.
Food & Wine, Arts & Culture
Click on icon for fall issue of Sierra FoodWineArt magazine, offering culture and entertainment news.
Facebook site is here
iPhone, smartphone site is here.
- Independence Day Celebrations
- Small-Batch Food Stars
- New model of cosmic stickiness favors ‘Big Rip’ demise of universe
- Analyses of carbon emissions may be misleading as they fail to include the impacts of policies such as trading schemes, emission caps or quotas
- Mayor Johnson doesn’t look good in erasing arena-related text messages
- Major Midwest flood risk underestimated by as much as 5 feet, study finds
- Yosemite forest fire example of possible things to come