Time for a cupcake shop in downtown Grass Valley?

I get around! Here’s a new cupcake shop — “Cupcake Magic” — on the renovated main drag in downtown Yuba City — Plumas Street. There’s a Sopa Thai next door (like ours in Nevada City). Downtown Grass Valley could use a cupcake shop too. “What recession? For cupcake bakers, business is booming” is here. A blog dedicated to cupcakes is here.

About these ads

9 Responses to Time for a cupcake shop in downtown Grass Valley?

1. Shelley Watten says:

Sure, a cupcake shop or Voodoo Doughnuts. Put the shop next door to Quiznos on Sutton and Brunswick. I know the cops might like a doughnut shop! ;)

2. Ben Emery says:

Who doesn’t like their own personal cake?

3. Marianna Greenberg says:

in the meantime, there are several coffee shops that offer cupcakes. and to make a little advertisement, i have been offering coconut cupcakes at the nevada city marketplace. come by today jeff and i’ll give you one. chocolate cupcakes up next, and occasionally the whoopie pie.

4. Ben Emery says:

Marianna,
    I will stop by later today, what time do you close up shop?

5. Marianna Greenberg says:

i am gone earlier, but store stays open until 6 or 7. if you were not here yet, i will save a little one with your name on it, just ask.

6. Sharon Rose says:

Okay – All of you…. put the cupcakes down. Step away from the cupcakes!

7. Ben Emery says:

Sharon,
    I had to keep my word to Marianna, I bought two cupcakes. One for my wife and one for myself. They were great.

8. Douglas Keachie says:

I had some cupcakes, supposedly chocolate, from Safeway, that was absolutely awful, frosting wise. I threw it out after one bite. A total insult to real chocolate.

9. Jeff Pelline says:

I also post this blog on Facebook. Here’s one response:

Herb Greenberg — if so … sign of trend topping out!
    Yesterday at 5:22am · Like · 1 person

Jeff Pelline LOL! Topping out in NYC, for sure, ” but not here! We are a lagging indicator.
    18 minutes ago · Like

Herb is a friend and former colleague at The Chronicle. He’s now a commentator for CNBC.