I get around! Here’s a new cupcake shop — “Cupcake Magic” — on the renovated main drag in downtown Yuba City — Plumas Street. There’s a Sopa Thai next door (like ours in Nevada City). Downtown Grass Valley could use a cupcake shop too. “What recession? For cupcake bakers, business is booming” is here. A blog dedicated to cupcakes is here.
jeffpelline on U.S. Commerce Department award… JohnL on U.S. Commerce Department award… jeffpelline on Penn Valley Rodeo parade sight… Joe Koyote on Penn Valley Rodeo parade sight… jeffpelline on A local newspaper publisher… Chris Gulick on A local newspaper publisher… steve cottrell on Scoop: NC Forward — a new stra… Douglas Keachie on U.S. Commerce Department award… Douglas Keachie on U.S. Commerce Department award… Douglas Keachie on U.S. Commerce Department award…
- GoNevadaCounty.com cited in Sunset magazine
- Memorial Day at Pioneer Park in Nevada City
- Scoop: NC Forward — a new strategy to promote Nevada City’s economic vitality
- A local newspaper publisher’s involvement on local boards often raises ethical issues
- U.S. Commerce Department awards NCERC $500,000 grant for digital media campus
OutagesOutages, click here.
Police blotterClick here for local crime map.
Free local newsClick here for NC Voices, local aggregation portal for news, commentary and classifieds.
Performing ArtsClick here for entertainment calendar.
Prep SportsClick here for local high school sports.
Food & Wine, Arts & Culture
Click on icon for fall issue of Sierra FoodWineArt magazine, offering culture and entertainment news.
Facebook site is here
iPhone, smartphone site is here.
- Things to do in Grass Valley
- A visitor’s guide to downtown Grass Valley
- Sierra Adventures: Get up and go
- Restaurant Trokay in Truckee: A four-star dining experience
- Dining out in Nevada City
- Sierra Foothills’ craft breweries draw locals and taproom tourists
- Farmers Markets flourishing in the Sierra Foothills and Truckee