Ben Emery on In Net neutrality victory, F.C… carole chapman on Nevada County Supes set to hea… curtiswalker on In Net neutrality victory, F.C… Patricia Smith on “Voters be damned”… depelton on The vaccination debate is a co… Don Pelton on The vaccination debate is a co… jeffpelline on “Voters be damned”… jeffpelline on Nevada County Supes set to hea… Ben Emery on Nevada County Supes set to hea… Ben Emery on The vaccination debate is a co…
- In Net neutrality victory, F.C.C. classifies broadband Internet service as a public utility
- Kickstarter campaign launch for Wheyward Girl Cremery on March 2
- Nevada County Supes set to hear a presentation from State of Jefferson contingent in May
- “Voters be damned”? Grass Valley City Council appoints “old guard” Ben Aguilar as its fifth member
- Obama vetos Keystone XL Pipeline bill
OutagesOutages, click here.
Police blotterClick here for local crime map.
Free local newsClick here for NC Voices, local aggregation portal for news, commentary and classifieds.
Performing ArtsClick here for entertainment calendar.
Prep SportsClick here for local high school sports.
Food & Wine, Arts & Culture
Click on icon for fall issue of Sierra FoodWineArt magazine, offering culture and entertainment news.
Facebook site is here
iPhone, smartphone site is here.
- How to Paint Dipdot Flowers in 15 minutes or less!
- Officials Discover More Decapitated Animals in Sacramento
- Sports and Rec
- City, Kings Announce $3 Million Donation to Acquire Sculpture for ESC Plaza
- Beer, Beer and More Beer
- Sacramento SWAT Officers Arrest Gang Member after Standoff
- Witness: Man Put Cone on Freeway to ‘Cause Accidents on Purpose’
Monthly Archives: October 2011
I get around! Here’s a new cupcake shop — “Cupcake Magic” — on the renovated main drag in downtown Yuba City — Plumas Street. There’s a Sopa Thai next door (like ours in Nevada City). Downtown Grass Valley could use … Continue reading
“I grew up as an only child, with a single mother. Because we were poor and because I knew my father had emigrated from Syria, I imagined he looked like Omar Sharif,” Steve Jobs’ sister, Mona Simpson, writes in her … Continue reading
I get more and more local news from Facebook posts by our residents. Here’s the “scoop” on a Michael Moore/KVMR benefit book signing last night at the Baggett Auditorium at Nevada Union High School, reported here previously. *”What a fantastic … Continue reading
“The financial woes of the California Republican Party have been well documented. The state GOP had just over $200,000 in the bank as of July 1, but in recent days, it has poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into an … Continue reading
The Cal Bears are headed toward their second straight losing season, having lost to Washington, Oregon, USC and now UCLA. Their coach is still the highest paid California state worker (thanks to alumni contributions too). For almost two years, I’ve … Continue reading
“When I think of Chiara’s future under climate change, nothing concerns me as much as water,” writes environmental correspondent Mark Hertsgaard in the Sacramento Bee this morning. “We live in California, a state whose economy and politics have been shaped … Continue reading
“October, said the calendar. Before Halloween. And the 2.5 million trees occupying New York City’s open spaces confirmed it was fall — not winter — with glorious canopies of leaves stretching along their boughs,” as the New York Times reported … Continue reading