jeffpelline on Lamphier: “I have not pr… Ben Emery on Lamphier: “I have not pr… jeffpelline on Lamphier: “I have not pr… Ben Emery on Lamphier: “I have not pr… jeffpelline on Lamphier: “I have not pr… Ben Emery on Lamphier: “I have not pr… nelsonminar on Lamphier: “I have not pr… jeffpelline on October surprise Mona Matthias on October surprise jeffpelline on October surprise
- Lamphier: “I have not proactively and knowingly ‘clicked on, visited or downloaded’ any inappropriate material
- Fable Coffee coming to Mill Street in downtown Grass Valley
- Our letter to the editor runs in the Sierra Sun to support our schools
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says he is “proud to be gay”
- On no, an editorial board member of The Union/cartoonist is after me again!
OutagesOutages, click here.
Police blotterClick here for local crime map.
Free local newsClick here for NC Voices, local aggregation portal for news, commentary and classifieds.
Performing ArtsClick here for entertainment calendar.
Prep SportsClick here for local high school sports.
Food & Wine, Arts & Culture
Click on icon for fall issue of Sierra FoodWineArt magazine, offering culture and entertainment news.
Facebook site is here
iPhone, smartphone site is here.
- Wellspring Women’s Center Wall Mural Unveiling
- Feed My Starving Children Group Packs 520,992 Meals
- DIY Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar
- Dining News: Grange Chef Oliver Ridgeway Featured in Southwest Magazine
- PCWA General Manager Announces Retirement
- U.S. Supreme Court Action Being Sought in Major Human Embryonic Stem Cell Patent Case
- I was going to hate Disneyland.
Monthly Archives: October 2011
I get around! Here’s a new cupcake shop — “Cupcake Magic” — on the renovated main drag in downtown Yuba City — Plumas Street. There’s a Sopa Thai next door (like ours in Nevada City). Downtown Grass Valley could use … Continue reading
“I grew up as an only child, with a single mother. Because we were poor and because I knew my father had emigrated from Syria, I imagined he looked like Omar Sharif,” Steve Jobs’ sister, Mona Simpson, writes in her … Continue reading
I get more and more local news from Facebook posts by our residents. Here’s the “scoop” on a Michael Moore/KVMR benefit book signing last night at the Baggett Auditorium at Nevada Union High School, reported here previously. *”What a fantastic … Continue reading
“The financial woes of the California Republican Party have been well documented. The state GOP had just over $200,000 in the bank as of July 1, but in recent days, it has poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into an … Continue reading
The Cal Bears are headed toward their second straight losing season, having lost to Washington, Oregon, USC and now UCLA. Their coach is still the highest paid California state worker (thanks to alumni contributions too). For almost two years, I’ve … Continue reading
“When I think of Chiara’s future under climate change, nothing concerns me as much as water,” writes environmental correspondent Mark Hertsgaard in the Sacramento Bee this morning. “We live in California, a state whose economy and politics have been shaped … Continue reading
“October, said the calendar. Before Halloween. And the 2.5 million trees occupying New York City’s open spaces confirmed it was fall — not winter — with glorious canopies of leaves stretching along their boughs,” as the New York Times reported … Continue reading