jeffpelline on Nevada City Police seek Counci… Annie Fox on Koch Brothers’ network p… firstname.lastname@example.org on Scoop: Cirino’s building… curtiswalker on Koch Brothers’ network p… Bert Wheeler on Does our region embrace techno… Niel Locke on Tribes at odds about 2 1/2 acr… Jon Shilling on Tribes at odds about 2 1/2 acr… jeffpelline on Scoop: Cirino’s building… stevenfrisch on Scoop: Cirino’s building… Niel Locke on Tribes at odds about 2 1/2 acr…
- Scoop: Cirino’s building on Broad Street in escrow — a swank cocktail lounge is contemplated
- Tribes at odds about 2 1/2 acres in Yuba County
- Nevada Union High’s prestigious dance program presents “Poetry in Motion” February 5-7
- “Winning the Jobs War” Summit MC might wind up outsourcing local jobs
- Koch Brothers’ network plans to spend close to $900 million on 2016 campaign
OutagesOutages, click here.
Police blotterClick here for local crime map.
Free local newsClick here for NC Voices, local aggregation portal for news, commentary and classifieds.
Performing ArtsClick here for entertainment calendar.
Prep SportsClick here for local high school sports.
Food & Wine, Arts & Culture
Click on icon for fall issue of Sierra FoodWineArt magazine, offering culture and entertainment news.
Facebook site is here
iPhone, smartphone site is here.
- Former Top Exec at Stem Cell Agency Appointed President of Huntington Medical
- GOTG’s Book List for 2015
- Smothered oceans: Extreme oxygen loss in oceans accompanied past global climate change
- Neighbors Remain Opposed to Latest Proposal For Paso Fino
- Dry weather expected into the weekend
- NID: Water Storage Good, Concern Over Dry Spell
- Prosecution Fails to Get Holding Order in Drug Sale Prelim
Monthly Archives: July 2011
UPDATE: I found the document that the FDIC sent to Citizens Bank. It is 2011-06-029. Why isn’t The Union reporting this? “A struggling Nevada City bank has been hit with a warning notice by federal regulators over its weakened financial … Continue reading
“The California Citizens Redistricting Commission approved new district lines Friday, setting off what is expected to be more competitive Congressional races than the state has seen in decades,” according to Roll Call. “The final draft of the new Congressional map … Continue reading
Editor’s note: This, also from the Friday memo, is likely to stir debate. Proposed rezoning of the HEW parcels to 20 units per acre to accommodate a high-density housing project that was written about here previously. The background, including the … Continue reading
Editor’s note: From the Friday memo: You may have read in the news media that the FAA has closed down all “nonessential” operations. The FAA has been on numerous continuing budget resolutions since 2007. Recently Congress failed to pass another … Continue reading
Editor’s note: This press release appeared in the county’s Friday Memo. Nevada County Clerk-Recorder, Gregory J. Diaz, is pleased to announce that the California Secretary of State’s office has certified Nevada County Elections as an official Ballot Finisher, defined as … Continue reading
“(Calaveras County) Supervisor Darren Spellman has tentatively withdrawn his congressional bid pending official confirmation that Rep. Tom McClintock will be the Republican candidate for the district,” according to the Calaveras Enterprise. Spellman launched his short-lived campaign at a town hall meeting … Continue reading