carole chapman on Nevada County Supes set to hea… curtiswalker on In Net neutrality victory, F.C… Patricia Smith on “Voters be damned”… depelton on The vaccination debate is a co… Don Pelton on The vaccination debate is a co… jeffpelline on “Voters be damned”… jeffpelline on Nevada County Supes set to hea… Ben Emery on Nevada County Supes set to hea… Ben Emery on The vaccination debate is a co… Chip Wilder on The vaccination debate is a co…
- In Net neutrality victory, F.C.C. classifies broadband Internet service as a public utility
- Kickstarter campaign launch for Wheyward Girl Cremery on March 2
- Nevada County Supes set to hear a presentation from State of Jefferson contingent in May
- “Voters be damned”? Grass Valley City Council appoints “old guard” Ben Aguilar as its fifth member
- Obama vetos Keystone XL Pipeline bill
OutagesOutages, click here.
Police blotterClick here for local crime map.
Free local newsClick here for NC Voices, local aggregation portal for news, commentary and classifieds.
Performing ArtsClick here for entertainment calendar.
Prep SportsClick here for local high school sports.
Food & Wine, Arts & Culture
Click on icon for fall issue of Sierra FoodWineArt magazine, offering culture and entertainment news.
Facebook site is here
iPhone, smartphone site is here.
- TOP 2 NBA PICKS FOR 2/26/15
- Eighteen years old, eighteen weeks in
- Placer Transit takes over Lincoln Bus Services
- Lasen National Forest officials assess wind damage, stress safety
- Grass Valley EPA “Brownfields” Program Presented
- Book review: "Locker Room Power"
- Placer Land Trust Honors Three Exceptional Volunteers from Auburn & Granite Bay
Monthly Archives: July 2011
UPDATE: I found the document that the FDIC sent to Citizens Bank. It is 2011-06-029. Why isn’t The Union reporting this? “A struggling Nevada City bank has been hit with a warning notice by federal regulators over its weakened financial … Continue reading
“The California Citizens Redistricting Commission approved new district lines Friday, setting off what is expected to be more competitive Congressional races than the state has seen in decades,” according to Roll Call. “The final draft of the new Congressional map … Continue reading
Editor’s note: This, also from the Friday memo, is likely to stir debate. Proposed rezoning of the HEW parcels to 20 units per acre to accommodate a high-density housing project that was written about here previously. The background, including the … Continue reading
Editor’s note: From the Friday memo: You may have read in the news media that the FAA has closed down all “nonessential” operations. The FAA has been on numerous continuing budget resolutions since 2007. Recently Congress failed to pass another … Continue reading
Editor’s note: This press release appeared in the county’s Friday Memo. Nevada County Clerk-Recorder, Gregory J. Diaz, is pleased to announce that the California Secretary of State’s office has certified Nevada County Elections as an official Ballot Finisher, defined as … Continue reading
“(Calaveras County) Supervisor Darren Spellman has tentatively withdrawn his congressional bid pending official confirmation that Rep. Tom McClintock will be the Republican candidate for the district,” according to the Calaveras Enterprise. Spellman launched his short-lived campaign at a town hall meeting … Continue reading