The Gulf Oil spill — now the worst in U.S. history — is generating some innovative, common-sense ideas to help clean up the environmental disaster. Two men from Florida — Otis Goodson and Darryl Carpenter — are stirring up the Internet with a video that shows the effectiveness of hay to soak up oil. The video is here:
jeffpelline on News of Nevada City hosting Am… jeffpelline on “McClintock loses it in… jeffpelline on Nevada City, South Lake Tahoe,… reinette senum on Nevada City, South Lake Tahoe,… jeffpelline on “McClintock loses it in… nelsonminar on News of Nevada City hosting Am… stevefrisch on “McClintock loses it in… stevefrisch on “McClintock loses it in… jeffpelline on Nevada City, South Lake Tahoe,… jeffpelline on “McClintock loses it in…
- News of Nevada City hosting Amgen race broke on social media — again
- Nevada City, South Lake Tahoe, Sacramento are host cities for 2015 Amgen Tour of California
- A “Keith M. Grueneberg” has a total annual public pension of $194K , according to Transparent California
- Union re-runs “Other Voices” from out-of-town tea party politico slamming Heidi Hall
- “McClintock loses it in debate with Art Moore — need fresh blood”
OutagesOutages, click here.
Police blotterClick here for local crime map.
Free local newsClick here for NC Voices, local aggregation portal for news, commentary and classifieds.
Performing ArtsClick here for entertainment calendar.
Prep SportsClick here for local high school sports.
Food & Wine, Arts & Culture
Click on icon for fall issue of Sierra FoodWineArt magazine, offering culture and entertainment news.
Facebook site is here
iPhone, smartphone site is here.
- Vanguard Innovation Park Discussion Part One: Why is This Park Different From All Other Parks?
- The Sexiest (and Lamest) Costumes of 2014
- Addressing Audience Questions from the Innovation Parks Forum
- California’s $40 Million Alpha Clinic Round: Appeals Filed by Two Rejected Applicants
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue
- Analysis: City Manager Salary Increase and Its Impact on Employee Morale, Labor Negotiations
- Jose Granda, The Technology, Taxpayers, Teaching Candidate