The Gulf Oil spill — now the worst in U.S. history — is generating some innovative, common-sense ideas to help clean up the environmental disaster. Two men from Florida — Otis Goodson and Darryl Carpenter — are stirring up the Internet with a video that shows the effectiveness of hay to soak up oil. The video is here:
jeffpelline on Carole Vernier, aide and muse… jeffpelline on Carole Vernier, aide and muse… Dirk Clarke on Carole Vernier, aide and muse… Niel Locke on The Union flubs its Page One f… jeffpelline on The Union flubs its Page One f… steve cottrell on Carole Vernier, aide and muse… jeffpelline on Only two people respond to The… jeffpelline on A room with a view in Nevada C… Tom Dalldorf on Carole Vernier, aide and muse… jeffpelline on Only two people respond to The…
- Marie Johnson’s 50th Valentine’s Day at Foothill Flowers in Grass Valley
- Carole Vernier, aide and muse to Herb Caen, dies
- SYRCL’s “Growing Green for the Yuba” presentation on March 19
- The Union flubs its Page One feature on RL Crabb: “It takes a Grand Marshall” (sic)
- Dungeness crab health advisory lifted for Central Coast
Free TV listingsClick here for free TV listings.
Police blotterClick here for local crime map.
Performing ArtsClick here for entertainment calendar.
Prep SportsClick here for local high school sports.
Food & Wine, Arts & Culture
Click on icon for fall issue of Sierra FoodWineArt magazine, offering culture and entertainment news.
Facebook site is here
iPhone, smartphone site is here.
- 102 Pythons Caught as State Snake Hunt Enters Final Weekend
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia Dies at 79
- Deadly I-78 Pileup: Dozens of Vehicles Collide on Pennsylvania Highway
- Skydiver Dead After Parachute Malfunction in Lodi
- Lodi Police Investigate Possible Homicide of 74-Year-Old Woman
- At Large Stockton Parolee Captured After Crashing Car
- Thousands of Sharks Teem Off Florida Beaches